Monday, November 03, 2008

Kirtans...

As I said a while ago, kirtans and the yoga community are among the things I miss the most from LA (quite close for the top spot with Trader Joes). In mid September I got the chance to go back and spend a couple of weeks in LA, simply reconnecting and getting back in touch with people. I was fortunate to be there just in time for this year's edition of the Global Mala event. Not only I got to listen to wonderful performers, but also I got to spend time outside in the Loyola campus.



Global Mala Project 2008 in the Loyala Marimount University Campus. Saul David Raye

Interestingly, my prayers got answered in many more ways than I could anticipate. Not long after my original post of what I miss from LA, I got a mail from Krishna Das communicating that he would be perfroming in Buenos Aires (which is just 20 minutes away by plane from Montevideo). It was a great opportunity for Clara and I to spend time vacationing in there, and to nurture our souls with some great performance.



Neem Karoli Baba's picture in the audio console - certainly an inspiration!

If you want to see more images from this event, check them out in here.

0 comments: