Friday, October 03, 2008

Back in LA...


Global Mala 108 Sun Salutations.

So after six months of living in Uruguay, Clara and I decided to go back to LA and spend some time, seeing friends and recharging with all the things that we cherished from this wonderful place. High in the list (I have to say after family and friends) were the three tacos of asada from Serenata Garibaldi. I was not a bit disappointed! And no matter how much I had envisioned these gifts from the universe, they still managed to measure up to my expectations.

If you recall my prior post, another thing I missed dearly was the yoga community. Well, I was fortunate to make it on time to be part of this year's Global Mala Event, and to photograph some of the most amazyng yoga teachers and kirtan performers in the world. You can see more of my Global Mala photography here, as well as my yoga work in here.


Donna De Lory during a kirtan.

This vacation was a lot more significant than you would imagine in several ways. To start, it was the first time ever we leave KC (our blessed dog) alone. In the past, the few times that Clara and I traveled together, we had left him with my mom and her dogs. The good news was that the whole team (nanny, dog sitter and dog walker, with additional support from KC's grandfather - that would be my dad) we assembled worked great, and KC managed pretty well being without us. Since we returned he has made us pay a bit by some extreme levels of independence, but overall he is doing great. More importantly perhaps, was the fact that I managed to do quite well without him (for those close to the family, they will understand the significance of this event). I guess the therapy is paying off!

It was great for Clara and I to finally take time for ourselves. The move, was a lot more intense process than what we anticipated, so this was a fantastic time to recharge and nurture ourselves and the relationship. As you can see, Clara had her share of fun... :)


Clara with a renewed fashion look relaxing in the shade.


For those who thought that spirituality was only a serious matter! Enlightenment comes in many flavors...

It was also great to get to spend time with friends and with family. Among them, we spent time with Dana and Trinley (Dana's and Sonam's baby). She is So cute... so I had a great time playing and photographing her. You can see more of this gorgeous baby in here.


Trinley playing pickaboo behind the couch.


Trinley in the couch.


Trinley with Dana.

Soon I will post more on the vacations and some other things we have been up to lately! Take care and thanks for reading along!

0 comments: